Hey there. If you're lucky enough to find this blog, Then I hope you enjoy our amateur art.

Contributors

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Recipe: Pumpkin Bread (It is fall, after all!)

 I don't remember where I got this from, but this recipe for pumpkin bread tastes amazing. Just know that this is not my own recipe, and If I could remember where I found it, I would link the site. 
 
My notes: The bread tastes so much better if it is eaten within the first week or so. Freezing it works as well, but if you do freeze it, plan on eating it immediately after thawing it out. Otherwise, after about two days the moisture will sink to the bottom, and it will taste gross. This recipe makes two loaves. I and my family ate one right away (It was very delicious), and I froze one to take with me to college. When I got into college, I started eating one slice a day. I found that the bread was really good (tasted the same as the fresh loaf) for the first three days. After that,  it really didn't taste good at all. I ended up throwing it away.
 
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup smooth applesauce
3 large eggs
1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
2 teaspoons ground cloves
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter and flour two 9x5x3 loaf pans or muffin tins.
Beat sugar and oil in a large bowl to blend.
Mix in eggs, pumpkin, and apple sauce.
Sift four, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and baking powder into another large bowl.
Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions.
Divide batter equally among prepared pans (muffin tins).
Bake until tester comes out clean, about 1 hour for loaves, 20 min for muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment