CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPE
1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sour cream
MIX THESE INGREDIENTS, THEN ADD:
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 and 3/4 cup flour
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
- Spread flour on flat surface. this will coat the dough so it won't be so sticky.
- take small amount of dough at a time and roll in out on surface. roll out to about 1/4 inch thickness, maybe a little thicker.
- cut out shapes, and place them on cookie sheet.
- bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
POWDERED SUGAR FROSTING:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pinch (tiny amount) salt
- add milk until right consistency
- It's OK to add milk and powdered sugar until you get the right consistency.
- add food coloring to make different colors.
- frosting will harden after a while. Just microwave it to soften it up again.