Hey there. If you're lucky enough to find this blog, Then I hope you enjoy our amateur art.

Contributors

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waldsee

I recently returned from a weekend in Waldsee(which means forest by the sea)

I spoke German all weekend long. I also learned a lot of songs. here's one:

Ich armes welsches Teufli           something about: I'm poor devil
bin müde vom Marschieren         am tired from marching
bin müde vom Marschiern           am tired from marching
Ich hab verlorn´ mein Pfeifli        I have lost my flute 
aus meinem Mantelsack              from my coat pocket
aus meinem Mantelsack             from my coat pocket
Shau' hier, ich hab´s gefunden    look here, I have found
was du verloren hast                  what you have lost 
was du verloren hast                  what you have lost


here's another one:

Hejo, spann den Wagen an,
Denn der Wind treibt Regen übers Land
Hol die goldnen Garben,
Hol die goldnen Garben.

translated:

Hey ho! Hitch up the cart,
For the wind brings rain over the land.
Fetch the golden sheaves,
Fetch the golden sheaves.

 "Hejo spann den wagen an" is in the same tune as "Hey ho nobody home"

and my personal favorite:

Hoch sol sie laben
Hoch sol sie laben
Hoch sol sie laben 
drei mal hoch!

translated:

Long may she live
Long may she live
Long may she live
three cheers!

it's a birthday song. my birthday was on the 3rd of march. So everyone at Walsee sang to me. and I got presents from people I barely knew.

Ich habe vielen  Deutsh gelearnt!
I have learned much German!

No comments:

Post a Comment