Hey there. If you're lucky enough to find this blog, Then I hope you enjoy our amateur art.

Contributors

Saturday, December 10, 2011

German poem

Wow. I sure haven't posted in a while.

Recently I was given the assignment to write a poem in German. I was told the form of the poem, which is:

1 noun
2 adjectives describing the noun
3 verbs describing the noun
4 word sentence describing the noun
1 noun describing the 1st noun

Here's what i wrote (note: The ü and ö go oo, the ß goes ss)

Tannenbaum

Baum
Grün, schön
Steht, wankt, gediht
Der Baum steht Groß
Weihnachtsbaum.

Yes, I know it doesn't rhyme, but do you know how hard it is to find rhyming words in German??? At least the "Grün, schön" part rhymes. :)

Which translated means:
Fir Tree
Tree
green, pretty
stands, sways, thrives
the tree stands tall
Christmas tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment